Re: LF: DK7FC on 473.5

To: rsgb lf <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC on 473.5
From: Mike Thayne <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:13:15 +0100 (BST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1340140395; bh=CcMXf1ePf/zNVFNdbzAhFu/f+SHAue/091GWBkb3Vtc=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=0b28NC63vUsWw2pUoOLnWcNv+OK2unP1Pr5Nrs9NUlreDk7GrgzPafDjb82gsMvh2d9ZZpwj7SIlXcdZeYK8ZaFE5apq8aD5plFb6PqozFHaNi3m0jlRxjuraXqmp9BA8aII96Rv6km0RdegrW/DB8X+OyJKegvfTqUzigTHncI=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,
My 500 transmit set up has been dismantled for some time. I achieved only
local QSO's up to 225 miles due entirely to my very small antenna in my very
small garden. As Mal once said to me I need to move house! Well that is not
possible but I could go /p and I have been following all your activities to
learn from your experiences. I am also encouraged by Finbar EI0CF, who has
achieved great success on 500 portable as well as from his home QTH.

I am a technician not an Engineer or Scientist (ex. marine R/O) but I can
reproduce ideas from others so I am a keen observer and one of the many
"silent"
members learning from the group.

Close to the North Sea my /p activity will take advantage of that,
rather than forests.
Good luck on the new band and I hope to join you there live on air, in January
2013.
73, Mike, g3gms