Re: LF: 475 kc Exiter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 475 kc Exiter
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 23:24:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Sorry Uwe, missed to answer in all the trouble...

I didn't know that a JUMA TX is available for "500".

Well, the version for 137 kHz is fine but i think 60W is not really enough for a ordinary LF amateur antenna. But on MF, 60W may be just right if one want to strictly stay below the limitation of 1W.

Do you know how the PA is designed?

I'm just experimenting with a class D PA for MF but am surprised about the "problems". I.e. i thought it is easier to build. The output C of the FETs cause a heavy oscillation when the FET is OFF. So actually i would prefer a class E which does not have this problem. A class E would be really no problem, regarding the design. But i intend to use it for various experiments, also with /p antennas, just for playing arround. Here, a class E is not recommended at all since it needs a very accurate match to Z=R=50 Ohm. Otherwise the efficiency is decreasing dramatically, up to blowing up the FET...

73, Stefan/DK7FC