Re: LF: "New" RSGB_LF_Group

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: "New" RSGB_LF_Group
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:11:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
John,

thanks a lot! I do appreciate the move.

Markus (DF6NM)

From: John Gould
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:44 AM
Subject: LF: "New" RSGB_LF_Group

I've been following the thread of discussion these past few days and as I was the originator of the initial group, back in the mid-1990s, I thought that it only right and proper that we move with the times and transition the group to Yahoo! Groups.  Some will recall that we made a similar move sometime in the late 1990s from the initial packet group to the blacksheep.org list.  So this latest move is merely a further progression as technology improves - some might say not before time.

You can subscribe to the group at [email protected] and initially I have set the system up for initial messages to pass through the moderator (me).  This is to try and catch spammers, not to impose censorship.  Please note that whilst I have continued the association with the RSGB, the relationship is mostly historic and the list is open to all - indeed its strength and value is the diversity and geographic spread of its membership .