Re: LF: Si570 oscillator

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Si570 oscillator
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:42:08 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1332200528; bh=OMN5uPybWrXWEV4QAb1/7yCvQjLJSIc+KeKEslUPVvM=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=ER0yHKYWw7EiFgConqEOhcD+gVzwtuMesIP27+9zNZN9PxLS6sRrr6ZvJPPPfXBp7Vr8UIUEcF62QZ+zE9Wq9uxrpe9eBt7qYq/Ar6n8qK9f6LzHjD0vjWLN/4Uqv2pgRiDN8sZtFIBHuI9d3WfcvQsu6z/pq19CxOqZJA0Y5R4=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all
Well you've got it about half right. There is absolutely no point publishing any Amateur radio microprocessor project with out at least printing the HEX code at very least. But when it gets down to it if you want to keep the coding to yourself then don't publish the project at all. What it is, is a narcissistic how clever am I project for the author who wants to sell a load of blown PICs that the user has absolutely no understanding of what he is building. Its of no use to anyone and my guess is that no one actually ever bothers to attempt this type of project. Hex code can easily be printed in the article and scanned by the builder and the converted to ASCII by character recognition software, simple.
Amateur radio is supposed to be about self training. I see very little self training in a project with virtually no peripheral components but a huge amount of processing power running pretty well non understood (to the builder) routines in a blackbox.
There's a parallel here with the "One new PC driven Data mode a week" syndrome as well.
73 es GL Pete M0FMT IO91UX