LF: External audio input with iPod Touch 4g

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: External audio input with iPod Touch 4g
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:29:11 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=GQvuZWFt33G6oaucgRtDKKu4wEJ+FTtygpfQQ1mkjyU=; b=qEewdedYLPS2oYMKM2v9rHwoe4/OEoRFivvBuzLKMCpio3/2EmA31WnX5fPv4KUFid fUz90jnHuzWB4SwdaHue3cXJWxY7OZWMUv/KxqVd1toZaq2QyyWOuTnZcGb7p9Qi1s+d TezK7vC5rTOI8GphzSfKByQggBh7HWHF8Y+it/Sm8hUvTaxmNKt5hWyumcp2WfuEv642 dpUg1Kqoh4MfewvKXhNiMZc+ukCiE5uEwDUw93DtqtCAPEL1XsTFzcAPxukZgv5DF9K8 ixHfvplLIbWJGpLCO/DejQG3/tlhaavP+DboZO62I8ZfmRYX5uCQwtXHQppt1cedVBph THTg==
Sender: [email protected]
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/2012/03/ipod-touch-external-mic-success.html

It is very hard to find out how to connect an external audio input into an iPod Touch 4g.  My application was as an audio waterfall display and audio spectrum analyser using a superb free app called SpectrumView from Oxford Wave Research. The link to my blog shows how to make the iPod recognise an external mic as present. Both arrangements worked for me, but no warranty of course.  With plenty of free apps like audio spectrum analysers, AF oscilloscopes etc available this external audio-in facility is very useful.

I'm hoping to use SpectrumView on the iPod as a mini-terminal for earth mode VLF and lightbeam tests when running QRSS3. The attached image shows a lightbeam transmission by scatter between rooms at home in daylight.

73s
Roger G3XBM

--
http://qss2.blogspot.com/