LF: Google maps update

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Google maps update
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:36:22 +0100
Cc: David - VK2DDI <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

LF,

I just noted that Google has updated the map of the region here arround the antenna. The current picture is not older than 6 months. A few weeks ago several new building haven't been there yet ;-)

It is crazy! When zooming into the map you can even see my antenna wire and the isolator hanging between the two buildings. It is a wire with 10 mm diameter.

The picture must have been from summer. I still can see the flower bucket i used to cover my first version of the loading coil.

The picture has even better quality than the last.

But now the locator has slightly changed. The actual antenna is now in JN49IK00WE. Damn, now all the distances must be re-calculated ;-)

Here is a picture of Google maps with some markers to the (old) loading coil, isolator and the wire beeing visible: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/DK7FC%20antenna%20google%20maps%20summer%202011.png

73, Stefan/DK7FC