Re: LF: Re: Big solar flare - major geomagnetic storms to follow

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Big solar flare - major geomagnetic storms to follow
From: ALAN MELIA <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:21:18 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1331220078; bh=p+pH5N0LRYsJmyvBepshpjWd0IHeo5znTYn1rh6qDMo=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=lL8kVzhPFuwi0/kF64DQmXyM9+9njCTibpMmXzRmnKrGfYIio7j+hXHKTfyOBrw86r/DjFf/uoRvuxIefs6yk7W8AatTDpj0MasS3yz0MR7Mcm3PlJ/cpsplU6QPYmKOVFbUet0u5paX+fZhkrQQESKb3n2uwbROvmgMNbtpatU=
Sender: [email protected]
naughty replying to my own post.....of course that depression (on the 7th) was
from the earlier CME! the one associated with the X5 arrived around 1200z but
was a very minor event so far. It pushed the Dst up a little but no fall is
obvious yet (1500z) there is the possibility of a sub-storm I suppose but I
doubt this will occur. I think this indicaes the plasma glob bounced off the
magnetosphere like two opposing magnets. So far I dont event think there will
even be much of a southerly extension to the aurora.

Alan