Re: LF: Permissible QSY limits for 136

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Permissible QSY limits for 136
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 01:12:23 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Thank's for the description , Mike , the distributed inductance on the vertical is interesting , I use a top loading coil with the inv L on 500 ... I did have 2 parallel top wires in rectangular loop till the wind snapped the coil connection of one side , making it into a U shape .. which seemed to work better , the final config , is the far end dropping at 90 deg to the ground , stops about 8 feet up , making a |''''''''! shape , fed at one end , top is 40 ft , vertical just 40 ft ..which may be slightly better again..

I assume the top inductance , changes the array to a series L+C network , so the feed to the coil is quite low .....match is good with very little reflected power , only real problem is Rx , a very high noise level , 3/4 scale on the ra1778 s-meter ..im sure it was not that bad when the 500 nov was first issued.. :(

73 -G.