Re: LF: where do I start

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: where do I start
From: DAVE PICK <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:48:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Bob

It's not just the sound card that needs calibrating, have you checked that the converter is on frequency? It needs to be within 10Hz or so to give you  a chance of decoding. Listen on a carrier frequency of 138.83kHz and see if you have the carrier with regular data bursts from Germany. It should be S9 whilst the rest of the band is, hopefully, quiet. If it's not on 138.83 your cal is wrong, if it's weak your aerial needs tuning and if it's covered in noise you have real trouble!

Good luck!

Dave G3YXM