LF: RE: JA8SCD

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: JA8SCD
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:21:40 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Interesting Stefan. Ive got to say conditions at LF are just (just) beginning to pick up as Im hearing/working HF stuff over the North Pole this morning. :-) The last 3 months have been very poor and we were definitely spoilt in the earlier part of the season.

The lower section of the K9AYs are buried in hardened Firn snow and Ill have to wait for Spring to recover them; still all arrays are still functioning. My HF ATU which is on a 1.5m stub mast is also buried and Ive dug out the vertical wire and all appears well. I have Moose and Arctic Fox tracks all around the antenna<e>  but they thankfully have left them alone. Never seen so much of the White stuff...

Laurence KL7UK Wasilla Alaska
CAVU -10F