LF: CFH Status

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: CFH Status
From: Vernon Matheson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:26:43 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
I was priviledged to speak with the Chief of Operations for CFH today with regards to the 137khz transmission....man it took a whhile to track his number down through the layers of the Canadian Navy.

The antenna for their primary frequency has been down for maintenance since late last week, so they fired up on the 137khz antenna.

They are hoping to back on the primary frequency tomorrow pending the success and testing of the repaired antenna.

He said that 137khz is an alternate when the primary bis not available.

I think I even got invited for a tour pending security clearance :-)

Vernon - VE1VDM