Re: LF: New to group

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: New to group
From: "Gary G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 21:40:45 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Jim & all,

I think you mean it should be 10.136 USB; to get signals centred on 137.5kHz to an audio output of 1.5kHz, the carrier should be at 136.0kHz

That is the way I do it with my 4.0MHz local osc converter....4.136 USB on the receiver dial.

73, Gary - G4WGT.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
I think you mean it should be 10.136 USB; to get signals centred on 137.5kHz to an audio output of 1.5kHz, the carrier should be at 136.0kHz

Also, when using a converter, it would be worth checking the frequency accuracy of the 10MHz conversion oscillator - it should be no more than a few 10s of hertz out if there is not to be serious mis-alignment beteen the expected and actual received frequencies, considering the slower Op32 "band" is only 100Hz wide. The RX frequency can be offset slightly to compensate for an error in the converter frequency (or for an error in the RX frequency, for that matter...).

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU