RE: LF: WD2XES WOLF Saturday Night

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: WD2XES WOLF Saturday Night
From: Terry GW0EZY <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:41:21 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
John & Chris

Thanks for the info on your settings.

I use an SDR-IQ with output to Virtual Audio Cable VAC. The SDR-IQ is set to
produce an 2 kHz audio output from 136-138 kHz so that 136 kHz = 0 Hz audio.
SL, Opera WSPR and now Wolf are connected via the VAC. With these settings a
Wolf signal Tx = 137.249 kHz should produce an audio signal of 1249 kHz and
I have set the Wolf centre frequency to this. I wait to see if I get any
decodes!

However, there may be other issues such as sample rate for the VAC. What
happens when different programs using different sample rates connect to a
single VAC? I have just been experimenting with the dual receive facility of
the SDR-IQ and stereo processing mode of SL to feed the 19580.0 kHz signal
(GBZ, MSK200) into the left channel and 136-138 KHz into the right. The SL
sampling rate detector shows a "lock" and measures the SR error of the VAC.
But whether this is actually of benefit I'm not sure!!

73 Terry GW0EZY