LF: When conditions are right...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: When conditions are right...
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 12:59:03 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

This morning when I got up I noticed a particularly strong signal on my LF grabber: http://www.magma.ca/~ve2iq/grabs/grab2.gif Just received an email from Steve VE7SL on Mayne Island BC (3456 Km) claiming responsibility (and surprise he made it this far). The "SL" was transmitted at 900 watts but the short curved line following was sent with only 20 watts out of the Tx, while things cooled down! At that time a 20-W output (QRP for LF?) message sent even at faster speed would have been easy copy here, which is kind of amazing for the distance, and almost all over land as well.

73.
Bill VE2IQ