Re: LF: MF: Opera sigs of DI2AN detected !

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF: Opera sigs of DI2AN detected !
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:35:59 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Practice ALARM hihi G..
From: "pa3abk" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 10:17 PM
To: <[email protected]>

Sri, must adjust my findings somewhat.
See attachment.
Horst is running Op15 a 15 min run.

What I showed was just the pause between two transmissions. Indeed you see nothing...
See attachment for the real screen shot.
He is the second line from the top.
That one was rewarded with :
22:09  DI2AN 500 Op15 -1 dB 206 km @ 122

Above raise me a question how Opera the -1dB figure determines.
I noticed that if I switch to 2,4kHz bandwidth the value will be considerable less.
This screenshot was taken with 170Hz filter.
I also know that WSPR figures are based on 2,5kHz bandwidth and you can cosmeticly pull this figure up by narrowing the bandwidth and/or insert a notchfilter.
Does Opera do the same ?
Jan/pa3abk