LF: Re: DK7FC/Mal

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: DK7FC/Mal
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:48:08 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence
We seem to be on the same course.
I have only ever managed to work/QSO KL7, VE7, W6 etc an hour or two leading up to my sunrise but I have worked ZL both pre sunset and pre sunrise from here, maybe I was not there on the day that pre sunset was optimum for KL7 and that general area.
Generally I work as far West as W9/W5 during my late evening early morning time and then as time progresses towards pre sunrise I hear/QSO the extreme West towards the Pacific coast areas.
This has been over the years on 160 metres and there are similarities with 500 khz and to some extent 137 Khz
This procedure has worked for me when hunting DX
73 De Mal/g3kev, cold at present around 2 degs C, frosty but no snow around Scarborough