LF: LOPT cores

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LOPT cores
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:54:08 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
LF/MF
I use these cores a lot, fortunately I have collected lots over the years.
They appear to be compatable with other 3C85 types.
I use them for 136 and also find them efficient on 500 Khz. I use a 1:3 ratio on a single Decca unit 8/24 turns and it never gets warm even at full output.
The gap is easily close by separating both halves, removing the spacer, polishing both surfaces and clamping it back together again.
Keep the spring wire clamping bracket and reuse to secure both halves in a tight fit.
73 de mal/g3kev