LF: Re: Re: VO1NA in daytime

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: VO1NA in daytime
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 20:01:01 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1322942739; bh=CAyrll9zlS9SMM93A/hbMZU9RyXzK17WVxRm5z1Xy1c=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=cFdqmDc+9WEDKER7Aox9LuD7hVUgSAFaF5U+CELhlERCIylq8Ongin/c9/bwVzJzyLKAjZFbd1ANvyFGDipUM5WMoOiJWRm8p56JD2INEy+mSw3IJtrJa4DO2f3/gZJBhXxjVHssUL5eT66ZzlVtTM2Oy2zWWdURz9LmBEYppU0=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=22UCLe7/F+UEdmpVlX8PN+2NC5zfR6Mxj0zRoj3kFJsIGkYGMth6ginb9pDfON4+7JjoScrfZNIRLLyXc9h4H9aM76p8xR1y2J2ZzjJoxgi2ytJjsCYg7ApcSEJUFZfo00NSJ+hXJhtt3NVISAxjt9wGrTvD/fqMvCHQ0UMaNXQ= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim a low level geomagnetic event pushed the Dst index down a bit on the
30th and the 1st. At this time of year this could give a significant
increase in the daytime ionisation in the D-region. I have seen very
noticable effects on shorter daytime paths immediately after a major
geomagnetic event, and I have seen some variations that seemed in time with
Dst values on the path to Lakihegy HGA22. My other thought is that the
daytime D-layer could be weaker at this time of year and not absorbing so
strongly so the signals could reach the E-region. However it seems unlikely
that the returning signal would be strong enough to detect.

Alan