LF: A certain law

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: A certain law
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:46:40 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Just as I was leaving the Oklahoma residence my screen went Black on the Dell 610  :-(  - seems to be a common failiure mode and looks like the Hv inverter fail behind the Dell logo on the screen. This is the unit I use for mobile and portable work and is getting rather long in the tooth anyway -

I need to buy myself an early birthday present but want to find one with a "quieter" screen - most of the back lit fluor displays produce 35-50kHz + harmonics switching signal which can cause E/M QRM in the mobile environment or locations where signal currents arent going the way you want them. Any suggestions for a reasonable "quiet" at LF/MF tried and tested laptop that could be used for our sport - preferably with serial but not exclusive. Obviously longer battery life the better too

I fear the purchase will be after Santa is on his holidays. With thanks

Laurence KL7UK