Re: LF: A certain law

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A certain law
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:09:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence, LF,

For LF/p i'm using a Samsung N150 Netbook which actually runs 8 hours non stop on batteries. It causes no QRM at all of LF/VLF and has a soundcard sampling at 96kS/s, 24 bit. Costs about 300 Euro 2 years back and is very lightweight. Optimal!
It is even possible to supply my /p RX from the USB by using a DC/DC converter (that adds no noise to the band too)! The best choice for me in combination with the ferrite antenna. See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19882028/LF/LF-P%20RX%20RIG.JPG

73, Stefan

PS: Supplied by a homemade SMPS running on a 12V car battery i measured 15 watts maximum power consumption (while running a SpecLab instance), so not much than 1A!