Re: LF: beacon to the east and west and north and south...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: beacon to the east and west and north and south...
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:24:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Peter, Markus,

Thanks for the feedback, very useful!

I found that it is due to the secondary ferrite core that became hot. I just checked if it is due to saturation or due to copper losses in the windings, by applying the LF voltage (300V pp) without a load. The core remains cold then. So it must be due to copper losses i think. So i think i have to use RF litz wire on the ferrite core and then look what happens...
Will go on playing on the roof now and try various configurations.

73, Stefan/DK7FC