Re: LF: Lowe HF250 problems

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Lowe HF250 problems
From: g4gvw <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:08:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John,

I tend to agree with Alan. I seem to find this and similar faults with
receivers of this sort of vintage quite a lot these days. If you have
the manual it's generally worth looking at a few voltages and doing
comparisons. I usually also check total current drain from the psu and
try to suss out if it makes sense. DC leaky caps are a common pain in
the a**! Problem is John, that we used to deal with 30 and 40 year old
ex Govt stuff and be surprised if it showed signs of component failure.
Now, we are dealing with stuff at most half the age and expecting
failure!

73

--
73 es gd dx de pat g4gvw