LF: OT VLFG Geomagnetic storm

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: OT VLFG Geomagnetic storm
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:32:45 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Alan -

If we are specific and take DHO38, my target of choice, the answer is for today - Yes. Daylight paths are up about +4dB on average over the past days with a peak at local Eu midday of another dB. Id dont really want to look at other transmitters as we get a lot of skew paths and "off the side" effects coming in from the loop. At least with DHO38 I know Im pointing my main lobe at it...and for its latitude is the strongest Eu signal in Alaska. ICV/GBZ etc are about 10dB or more weaker...

Real time Wideband http://kl7uk.com/VLFAlaska.html and a sub on 8970 also....

Laurence KL7UK