Re: LF: Mystery VLF-MF RX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Mystery VLF-MF RX
From: Marco IK1ODO -2 <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 14:33:27 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
At 13:11 09-09-11, you wrote:
Hello all,

Did anyone hear about this RX:?
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/hrb_hw1390a.html

I found this item available on eBay as well:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/HRB-Systens-HW1390A-Extremely-Professional-built-SLF-ULF-ELF-VLF-LF-MF-Receiver-/250889327409?pt=DE_TV_Video_Elektronik_Funkger%C3%A4te&hash=item3a6a2b5331

In vain I searched (briefly) for a web of the manufacturer.

(yes, it is expensive, yes, we can make RX ourselves...)

73, Petr, OK1FIG

Seems to me a little outpriced, if not as a collector part. At the same price you get a Perseus or other SDR receivers, covering from kHz to 30 MHz, with a completely different performance.
Receiver technology has advanced a little in last 5 years ... said by an HF receiver collector (I have about 30 different models) and appassionate tester (I mean, I like to measure them).

On this matter, have a look at the work of SM5BSZ Leif on receiver AGC performance in http://www.sm5bsz.com/lir/agc/agc.htm

73 - Marco IK1ODO