LF: Re: Mystery VLF-MF RX

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Mystery VLF-MF RX
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 18:03:39 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Petr,

here a comment of a former owner:
--------------
"I know this receiver quite well. Luckily I sold it a few years ago. There are custom chips which, if they go faulty, then render the receiver useless.
It is pretty useless anyway, nothing like as good as a WJ 340- A7 or similar VLF Receiver.
It is nothing special but they are very rare and personally I consider that they were used for demodulating recorded signals off tape and not for off Air reception.
If I remember correctly there is an SRA1H mixer and Network Science Crystal filters. It is not DSP.
The only advantage is that they are small and beautifully made - but useless."

HTH
73
Clemens
DL4RAJ