Re: LF: My thoughts on ROS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: My thoughts on ROS
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 11:41:17 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=RiAA0a0uMWfRkN39uiT4O8OepxZ9JUrNh/FUac+4p2Y=; b=LXA+2GJzDvLchPLzyfgKzMzfh1fFZmmm2hOJsH2b7J5VkeeKaqxNs3LL27psGnFowW 2Y14u7t3vWTB1W0OiYPZ/trAfkG/Cp/thprI0sSpWbPJzO+JMrlUBg7PIm7H8WwbXAzA YUkBucIaOCX94eF3q+dCcFWfjlgSZcJVujG7k=
Sender: [email protected]
John, LF,

I have set up Fldigi now to monitor your MFSK-4 frequency, I will post if anything seen/heard.

Using same rig & antenna as for ROS & WSPR.

73, Gary - G4WGT.

On 3 September 2011 10:47, John GM4SLV <[email protected]> wrote:
On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 00:32:54 +0100
"Graham" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Roger, All
>
> ROS HF /MF / Multi access ./ How  did  we  get  here ?

Graham, LF

Thanks for the informative write up of the history of ROS.

You've obviously delved a lot further into the mode than the rest of us.

For a one-man operation it's a remarkable achievement and I'll keep an
eye on it's future developement.

Perhaps I'm being hasty in announcing that I'll not use it again.

Let me know when you're doing more tests with it and I'll see if I can
persist!

In the meantime I've set up a repeating MFSK-4 mode beacon, using
"Fldigi" and it's running on 502.4 dial, with AF centre of 1kHz. It's
full daylight now, so I don't suspect anything will be received.

MFSK-4 uses some of the same techniques as ROS, but I don't know how
different the performance will be on MF.

Regards,

John