Re: LF: ROS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ROS
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 05:39:56 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Sender: [email protected]

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Graham wrote:

> Thank's  John,
>
> Ahh    -3db  splitter  .. so  that makes  my  1 Watt    Tx , now   500mW
> carrier  feed  to the  Ae  !
> which   with a good following  breeze  is  round   1 mW  erp  ... !

It was already being split with a 3dB splitter (one feed to the grabber RX
and another to the main RX). Now there's a 2nd splitter, so the main RX is
getting -6dB wrt the antenna signal.

This makes little difference, as the system noise figure is still better
than the band noise, so your effective S/N doesn't change, and your
original ERP is really what counts. If you reduce /THAT/ by 6dB I think
I'd notice in poorer S/N or fewer decodes as your signal drops into the
band noise.

I've got ROS working in TX mode now too... will try a QSO later tonight.

Cheers,

John
GM4SLV