Re: LF: DK7FC, DF6NM in YO and 4X

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DK7FC, DF6NM in YO and 4X
From: Piotr Mlynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 03:43:58 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
James Moritz pisze:
Dear Stefan, Markus, LF Group,

A screenshot of DK7FC and DF6NM received in IO91VR between 2230 and 0000utc, with 84mHz FFT resolution, and using the ferrite rod antenna. DK7FC seems to be about 6dB stronger than DF6NM here, on average. But not really a very good night for testing receive antennas - the QRN level is so high that the proverbial piece of wet string would be just as good!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Dear Markus, Stefan, Jim, LF

Maybe this night is not a very good one for testing different rx antennae according to Jim observations , nevertheless, some of us decided to do it ... :) Enclosed, there is a SL capture from my night 'experiments' - at first, i have used my air loop antenna ( 1 sq. meter, 11t ) About 2:25 a.m. local time I disconnected my air loop while SL was running , then, i reconnected SDR-IQ to my ferrite-rod antenna which was inside the room !!! ( i only managed to raise it some 40-50 cm above the floor) and to my real amusement i could still copy Markus DF6NM, also Stefan, though i got some constant qrm line almost on Stefan.. 172 freq i did not play with brightness/contrast etc.. just to see how the noise changes. Anyway, i am very happy - it is my first positive observation of a distant amateur signal on 136 kHz band ( if i have correct data Stefan grid-loc is JN49IK, Markus JN59NK so this makes 800 and 640 km , respectively) using ferrite rod antenna ( described in earlier mails). As an amplifier i have used Roelof, PA0RDT miniwhip circuit , simply
using as a high Z-input the LC parallel network.

73, Piotr, sq7mpj

qth: Lodz /jo91rs/

JPEG image