RE: LF: X7_SOLAR_FLARE and XSH/7

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: X7_SOLAR_FLARE and XSH/7
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 03:28:48 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Stefan - Yes interesting Flare - I changed the Alaska gains and saw that DHO38 popped out of the noise for 30 mins after the flare hit too - looking at the paths you can "mostly" see the ones in daylight and thus "mostly" affected, but NWC was a surprise as its off the side of the beam. Need to review the captures more, but Eu paths were and have been attenuated by a few dBs over the period.

At that same time the flare hit Wd2xsh/7 on 495.034 appeared over the ESE 5000Kms path . Could be a coincidence as the path has been opening up around that time  - signal was clean to start with - then after about 1 hour doppler/scintillation became large with up to 1.5Hz deviation - mostly LF.... signal is just fading now as Louisiana sees dawn.  Im still scratching my head but looks like the E/ESE paths from Alaska produce attenuated but there results thru mild proton events too - save the spreading etc.

Laurence KL7UK
remotely operated from somewhere where it doesnt rain a lot.