Re: LF: 136kHz ferrite rod antenna test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 136kHz ferrite rod antenna test
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:05:17 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Jim,

Good work! If you want we can make a ferrite-ferrite QSO, RX wise ;-)

I also tried a high Z preamp but still didn't get good results. My BF862 has a gain of 26 dB which is to much. I have to try some source resistance (without a parallel C) to optimise things. Maybe there were some VHF oscillations too, not sure. Have to spend more time on this... QRN was very high here as well. Have to wait for better conds here. Maybe tomorrow...

73, Stefan