LF: Re: CW sked on 137 friday morning?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: CW sked on 137 friday morning?
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:30:29 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=uWcwO0UuU815UDE+hyAH2Kj/SLirdhIp0zsauSdTrpk=; b=LSCRVPPopLkVKoxSWhD+/XRG6GByo4WVV85eU2qy3vQGk1uQmvD2ETUzQzXTAv5Tr5 59ldAHxRpSnTtMniq1cSkYKG3tNHHDVRp6wYlsGqCv4JwB2wyd76NM7mexEZTWJoUEz6 mq+I2Al1BMSIMW5dWepP7Ec1rkj90PwwZPcdw=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan, Roelof, Albert, Markus.

Thanks for the info.
So between 50 dB en 90 dB … That’s quite a range.
I _think_ it is more than 50 dB, but most certainly not in the 80-90 dB range, alas. Not with the amount of man-made noise I see here on HF, although on 137 I only hear (white) noise and some QRN. On HF it is S8 white noise + an enormous amount of other man-made QRM, sometime peaking to 9+20.
I will build a 40 dB attenuator to expand the range I can measure with the 897 to approximately 80 dB, I think this will be enough…

Regards,
Minto pa3bca.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse

Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 13:32
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: CW sked on 137 friday morning?

Hello Albert,

That's quite good.
Today it is just 50 dB in 1 Hz here. I have extended my wideband screen to display DCF39 and HGA22, bottom of http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_LF_DX_Grabber.html

In my RX there is a band pass filter with unknown attenuation at 138.83 kHz. I estimate it is 15...20 dB. But it changes when the antenna becomes wet :-/ Somehow i think there is a stable and equal distributed noise level here in the city that limits the sensitivity. But i've learned a bit more in the last weeks and will investigate things further...

73, Stefan/DK7FC