LF: Wikipedia 136kHz article

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Wikipedia 136kHz article
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 21:32:24 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Not sure whether this has been mentioned on this reflector yet (cannot
check as there are no archives...).

The Wikipedia article on 136kHz, which quite a few of us on here
contributed to over the years, has just been renamed to '2200-meter
band' by a US Wikipedia editor 'to comply with all other amateur band
articles which have names in meters'. You can now find the article at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2200-meter_band

Myself and Stewart G3YSX have already commented on the article's talk
page pointing out that 136kHz has long been the agreed and used name
for the band. As always with Wikipedia you have an upward struggle
against smartie type editors who go out of their way to bring
everything into Wikipedia house style. For this reason I do very little
on Wikipedia these days as I have got frustrated in the past in various
places. There is a similar issue with the 60-meter article at the
moment.

If anybody else here wants to add to the comments on the article talk
page it would be appreciated. We MAY win this battle... Remember
anybody can edit/comment on Wikipedia, though it does sometimes help if
you have set up an account so we can see who you are.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com