RE: LF: Re: LF propagation

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: LF propagation
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:58:52 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan/all  - I can confirm (very)  poor Northern Auroral crossing  paths at HF to LF as seen from here in Alaska at the moment - pesky Protons really wreck havoc at this geo mag latitude.  Im not seeing any of my normal Eu stations at all on any MF/HF freqs (up to 14Mhz).

Our Antipodean friends on the South North Path are reasonable that dont cross the Auroral oval (which they do virtually twice to Eu on some paths). Of course the Northern Polar path being mostly in daylight doesnt help much either :-)   - hoping things "cool" down sooner rather than later.

At VLF DHO38 is some 20/30dBs or more weaker in the Alaskan summer than Winter, and the signal is very flat during the +24 hr period with little predawn tilt and increase in signal.

Just going South a few degrees geomag wise makes a huge difference.

Laurence KL7UK, gardening in Wasilla Alaska.

=