Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ QRT - MF QRV

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ QRT - MF QRV
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:03:32 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris,

Sorry to hear about the short circuit in the coil. Can you repair it by using an isolating paint? I have never had HV problems on my coil so far although using QRO. But surely my wires are longer and so the voltages lower too...
I've been using this paint to fix and protect the winding: http://www.elektroradar.de/WebRoot/Store/Shops/ElektroRadar/Products/Images/54/0335254/643340_0335254.jpg
It helps to keep the winding at its place when laying in the car.