Re: LF: DJ8WX on 8970.022Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DJ8WX on 8970.022Hz
From: qrss <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 23:10:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Uwe Stefan Gerhard LF

Uwe's your signal was not quite strong enough for any identification here today.

Stefan, yes I compare the diurnal noise level with other Grabbers often and they are similar. I have been watching the noise closely lately. Today was very quiet at first, the noise built up and peaked around 1400 and unusually dropped by 1800. This correlates with a lack of lightning activity in northern Europe this evening. There is lightning activity in Southern Spain and North Italy but not northern France and southern UK as in the last few days.

I am looking forward to the usual wet dull spell with maybe less static known in the UK as Summer time.

73 Eddie G3ZJO