Re: LF: OK2BVG_8970

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OK2BVG_8970
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:47:52 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
GM Lubos, VLF,

You are strong visible at OE3GHB and Paul Nicholson. The QRN is pretty low this morning, just like yesterday. There seems to be a trace slightly above 8970.04 Hz on my grabber but i still haven't identified the "K".

There were some changes in the latest SL Version (V2.76b16 and above) on the noise blanker. I tried to find better settings to bring out a signal of the noise, without further success. On http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_VLF_Grabber2.html you find 2 424 uHz windows running at exactly the same USR file but the above window is a SL instance with the old noise blanker (b09) and below you'll find a SL session with the new blanker (b18). It seems the new version allows a VERY slightly improved signal, in the range of 1 dB or below. So not really a milestone but at least no disadvantage of the new version and the old USR files. Several parameter adjustments resulted in worse or equal SNR, so it still seems to be very close to optimal...

Thank you for the test signal! That applies for Uwe/DJ8WX too, of course.

Best 73, Stefan/DK7FC