Re: LF: QRSS30 QRPp beacon approx 137.770kHz - reports appreciated

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS30 QRPp beacon approx 137.770kHz - reports appreciated
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 17:21:26 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ovPhg71mX1Lqi37vPJc/wc3EMpaqdh77Q8LXkONS0Yw=; b=h3h22pNn2y55MGvuqpjLiPWHbR1buNg93Pi+tF5vTdIgfTtFaUU34aNnOUBDr1Ez3f iwz6VdAIJsPjl4clbEK+fiCzX+itJZdM8n7hg93H0AgxbuJNDR/VvOYVJzNLoXQNenZu Jo75rSy8jZSKhVy5oLVdmarM92sgChRxuy4rk=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan (et al)

Using the readout I have (nearest 10Hz on my FT817 and IC703) it is very close to 137.770kHz by zero beating the signal. It would be helpful to get a semi-local with accurate frequency calibration to confirm the exact frequency. I may try measuring the offset from one of the strong commercial signals and see if I can get a closer figure although I am going away for a week so this will have to wait until I get back.

QRSS60 would be too wobbly with the crystal/divider arrangement I currently have. Even QRSS30 was marginal (wobbly) with G3WCB and PA3CPM. At the moment the beacon board is just sitting on the desk in the open air and I suspect the crystal frequency moves a few Hz (before division) as I wave my arms typing this. There is also temperature drift as the PA keys on. All can be much improved.

F1AFJ is not in the best direction for the loop antenna, but I am an optimist.

73s
Roger G3XBM