Re: LF: ZEVS transmission at 1800BST

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS transmission at 1800BST
From: Chris Dillon <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 23:13:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Stefan, Gerhard, ELF
The pre-amp is your circuit, Stefan, with the input FET on the antenna and connected through 10m of twisted pair. For normal VLF work I also added a op amp to the output of the second FE. This rolls off below1.3kHz and drives 30m of coax to my computer upstairs in the house through two cheap 600 ohm line isolating transformers. The ZEVS signals are doing well to get through the LF filtering. I haven't changed the LPF in SL which is still set at 22kHz - the default settings for normal VLF. The hum filter is switched on and significantly reduces the 50Hz component.

73 Chris G3WCD