Re: LF: ZEVS transmission at 1800BST

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZEVS transmission at 1800BST
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 23:27:49 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Chris, Gerhard, ELF,

I've also seen a stable trace at 82 Hz but not the frequency shifting transmission before. For some reasons there are various QRM levels here and i don't know the origin. Never mind and interesting to see something at all. Would be interesting to see what can be achieved with an ELF optimised crcuit...

My SL settings include a 700 Hz LPF and the noiseblanker afterwards, using the usual VLF settings. The width of one FFT bin is at 11 mHz and the scroll rate is 1 pix/minute which seems to be a bit to slow. I will change to 30 sec/pix soon. I've switched on the "Paul Nicholsons hum filter" and set the hum frequency to 16 2/3 Hz to remove 50 Hz and 16 2/3 Hz harmonics of the German train power grid.

Maybe a simple mains transformer allows a simple way to realise a LPF?

73, Stefan/DK7FC