Re: LF: 137kHz WSPR test

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 137kHz WSPR test
From: "Martin Evans." <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:04:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

My problem is my location, Gary.

I'm in a deep valley, surrounded by mountains on all sides except for a partial
window to the SSW.

In your case, I'm looking through the whole of the Brecon Beacons  - thirty
miles of solid rock!

Roger & PA0A are dead in line for me - PA0A is twice as far away as Roger, and again the mountains are in the way.

Still, it makes an interesting challenge!

Martin GW3UCJ

Until the next time...

##########################

OK Martin,

I have closed down now. Strange that you can't decode PA0A he is quite
strong, make certain that your PC clock is accurate, it needs to be within a
second or so to get reliable decodes. I will be on again from time to time &
progressively (& cautiously) increasing the Tx output since modifying my
frequency doubler for driving the Class D Tx at x2 frequency. Been running
at 85 watts tonight, 50mW ERP. On last run (some while ago) with it the PA
blew  up due to doubler instability, it's been OK tonight.

Going down stairs now.

73

Gary - G4WGT.