Re: LF: Earth mode tests at 1.095kHz today

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Earth mode tests at 1.095kHz today
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:04:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Roger,

Interesting tests. Since the near field is much wider on 1 kHz, you should get some distance there if you arrange a big ground loop. Do you plan some /p tests in the near forest beside your house? A simple battery fed PA in the range of 10 W or below could show interesting results.

I plan to re-activate my earth antenna as well. It was unused some months now but spring is coming and i have a new PA to test ;-) Some tests last year on 1970 Hz were negative due to the high local QRM. Anyway i'll plan to try it again.

Good luck and fun with your tests.

73, Stefan/DK7FC