Re: LF: TA TONITE

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: TA TONITE
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:51:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
    Toni
For convenience stick around 136.316 plus or minus a few to make it easy for the observer in a single window to look for multiple station acty.
This has been the procedure over the years and has worked well. The USA ops will be able to advise.
In the early days the USA did not have the 136 allocation and so I called CQ on 136 and awaited a reply on usually 7 Mhz and I had many  QSO'S.
I use the same procedure today but now it is possible to work simplex on the same band or QSX is desired. I can work 136 , 500 and HF all at the same time. I have separate antennas and equipment for all these frequencies.
I normally work from 2230 to 0200 utc for TA acty then close down.
I do not Beacon so I am able to respond to a call immediately and commence a QSO when my CQ is detected.
I hope this helps
The speed varies depending on condx,  In my case between QRS3 and QRS60 usually does the trick
Try tonite or when ready a CQ on 136.316 and you stand a good chance to have a QSO
The USA stations usually announce if they are available. You have a suitable callsign for the full call to be sent (HE3OM).

73 de mal/g3kev