LF: HE3OM in JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: HE3OM in JA
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:30:46 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Last night HE3OM put a good signal into JA7NI's grabber at JA dawn..
UA4WPF can also be seen, but much weaker than previously. See
attached.

Also attached is the same time on RN3AGC's grabber which shows that
DF6NM and myself were also calling, but we could not compete with
HE3OM's ERP which I estimate as 15-20dB up on us.

The JA picture also supports my theory that QRS120 is not a practical
speed for real DX. There are long periods where the signal is well
above the noise, but QSB prevents the whole callsign being received.
At that strength, QRS30 would probably have still been viable and
allowed a couple of full calls to be read.

Congratulations to HE3OM on what may be an amateur world record on
136, though with an estimated ERP much bigger than most amateurs have
available.

Mike, G3XDV