Re: LF: TA ... last night

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: TA ... last night
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:02:13 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Toni

Thanks for the info on you operating conditions. Curious about the configuration of the antenna / matching system and what transmitter power was in use last night. The signal was VERY strong! Will be QRV for any additional T/A transmissions from Sottens.

Thunderstorms weren't in the forecast and are quite rare here in February. Earlier in the week we had daily temperatures with highs of 20 degrees F ... yesterday we peaked out at 60 degrees F ... currently we're back in the 20's with near whiteout condx in snow squalls! There's an old saying in New England ... "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute". It sure applied this week.

Sorry for the weak signal on 40m - was running exciter power only. I did fire up the 8877 but an intermittent (maybe just in the metering circuit) forced a precautionary shutdown.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2