Re: LF: HGA22 plot

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: HGA22 plot
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:44:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Dex,

you wrote:
I had moved the plot to 60 khz before I read your suggestion Wolf.
Here's what I am seeing tonight:

http://www.w4dex.com/lf/HGA22_0030_19feb11.jpg

Interesting, the sine-shaped pattern is still there - and the 'oscillation' frequency is suspiciously constant. Would be interesting to see an FFT of the signal strength plot, to see how stable the frequency of the 'AM' is. To do that, one would have to export the data as a text file (which is possible), and import it into some post-processing software like matlab (which I don't have myself). Which function (especially the observed bandwidth for that signal) did you use to plot it, the peak function or the power (or effective voltage), in which frequency range ?

I'd like to plot the same signal with the same BW here, just for comparison. I don't think I will have two different reflective layers on the signal path...

73,
  Wolf .