Re: LF: Luxembourg effect

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Luxembourg effect
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:34:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Fausto,

I believe the Luxembourg effect is a form of cross-modulation occurring in the ionosphere when there is a high power transmitting station somewhere on the path between the receiving and transmitting stations, but the signal from the interfering station is not strong enough to overload the receiver.

Could one of our propagation experts provide a more detailed explanation please?

73
John F5VLF