Re: LF: Luxembourg effect

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Luxembourg effect
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:02:03 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1294164244; bh=+PMTGNrZUym2vlMOQaJr64gDME/lUasYscr3VTypqss=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=gcnKlfeWG8DJq9TQX+lzlFWlSnVbThQS706ZsHW02xOqMK952C3B54JtYKeIxlS0wGs1B8Y/OwyTmXt+xSXvq9R/8YP6gNn/jb02MZ61XzXZCm2pxDeFtZwNgWJLtea7LaGQka8hz2hecQ6h917WH6Le1BWiE4QyHAjWlaU3D20=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=Xmu12vEW5Mk15cNmc0vF9it69mMueOwD6MFiwfRYKUtty0O1EWWNl+vEi3C652K3KwqaPhTA0kQnDTuMM9PGarVTaz9opsz+sZL0mPVQ/jLqAUz5j4XQwu3bKrAWoUnMk5Kj++YFS3cgJ2zDPMSaYOIQ0lmf7oenI27QWCEZp/g= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Fausto, the effect referred to by the professionals as ICM Ionospheric
Cross-Modulation.....is probably what you hear. The two stations are often
refered to as the "heater" and the "victim". The "heater" is the station
activating the ionosphere into a non-linear state. It will be between you
and the "victim"  and it is probable that you would only receive the victim
by ionospheric means (it is out of ground wave range) The victim and heater
will probably lie in an arc of about 30 degrees from your location, with the
heater between you and the victim. The heater will probably be a station of
at least 500kW though the effect can be noticed on 100kW Loran stations one
needs sophisticated reception procesing to extract the Loran pulses from the
victim. The effect is selom heard in daylight because there is more
attenuation in the D-layer.

The higher frequencies of the modulation are most noticable giving it an
"etherial" effect

I do have some papers buried in my archive on the effect, and I discussed it
at length with Vaino OH2LX in the early days of 136kHz.

 Alan G3NYK