Re: VLF: PSK on 3.3 kHz by cavers

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: VLF: PSK on 3.3 kHz by cavers
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:30:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, thats interesting! Any idea of what's inside that long grey tube? I would presume it's a coil wound around an iron powder or ferrite bar, kind of large loopstick. Reminds me of our recent discussion about possible long and thin high-voltage loading coils...

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:14 PM
Subject: VLF: PSK on 3.3 kHz by cavers

VLF,

A friend of me, F1BKM has told me about a recent french VLF experiment
on 3.3 kHz. It seems they crossed 300m in PSK31 at 3.3 kHz.
Many photos are visible at
http://f6kcz.free.fr/Actualites/2011/Carrieres%20Fleury/Carrieres%20Fleury.htm

Looks interesting but an earth loop may be better here. But the system
is very /p!

73, Stefan/DK7FC