Re: VLF: PSK on 3.3 kHz by cavers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: PSK on 3.3 kHz by cavers
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:00:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Using about 4W RF on 87kHz USB, we found that using an earth electrode system underground insted of a small loop gave up to 31dB stronger signal on the surface (Kingsdale Master Cave valley entrance in Yorkshire), and our best cave to surface DX was 1.5km (in the Trou Qui Souffle in the Vercors).

John F5VLF/G3PAI
Cave Radio & Electronics Group, British Cave Research Association