Re: LF: PA 500 AGN

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: PA 500 AGN
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 23:32:56 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:message-id:from:to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=Ll1xFG22DhqmOAo51vz7RPHvneVbKnzOvuteSvfY650=; b=jgltV7lqpiXnyu8I2Nqj7OpctAlcROBgAv4JhAgjOr9bdEG+xOWcEhT4ZZpqJDyYUH ogQ0d7Ozl0pw1C5Knmw8d9YQWMq7J/HX9wZrJ2P/U4GT8Wambt3h/DP656i1G3Ouh2I+ Q9cFEMWbnaPL3/JUpMapO9oJKG4jQoox1YZb4=
Sender: [email protected]

Hi All

I just got a PM from Albert PA0A.

It seems that members of the PA HAM club VRZA did receive a renewed license for 500 KHz, so they are allowed to TX on 500 again.

The VERON (of which I am a member, a membership I am re-evaluating!!!!) does not have a new license. Reasons until now officially unknown because of non-response of VERON officials, but it seems that they did not apply for a new license.

Regards,

Minto pa3bca

Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 22:44

Hi Mal,

It seems that I am not the only one that has been kept in the dark.

There is still no official word that 500 is open to us again, but the scuttlebutt is that the powers that be did approve our use of 500 KHz from 1.1. 2011 to 01.04.2011 in a timely manner. However our representatives (HAM clubs VERON and VRZA) have been asleep at the job. (e-mails have been send to wrong addresses etc or whatever)

So officially we cannot TX on 500 as the VERON and VRZA must hand out the licenses.

Which they have not done yet - as far as I know.

Oh well, there seems to be some civil disobedience by fellow PA hams. If there is enough activity the coming days I think I will join them.

Regards, and see you on 500 KHz soon.

Minto pa3bca

Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 19:33

Minto
You are being kept in the Dark, counted 7 PA stns tuning up and testing on 500 Khz
de mal/g3kev